My Banded Time

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Playing with my kids actively in the summer in a swim suit...NSV

Each summer we rent a beach house for a week...beach front, but I never play in the water in a swim suit.  I just wear shorts and walk around a bit after the sun goes down or early in the am.  I'm always at the house cooking or shopping or watching TV or reading novels.  In this way, fat has deprived my kids.  My boys are 8 and 10, they like to play all day!!!

But this summer I purchased  a swim suit...actually a cute tankini and bottoms (without an X) from Lands End...they fit and I feel comfortable in them...the top is actually a little big...but I felt joy in that this summer vacation, I'm going to actively participate in my kids summer.  Yes I'm going to feel the sun, the water, the sand and play for hours.  I might even buy another one in a more outlandish brighter color.

Thank you blogging friends for encouraging me, everyday...without the guidance and support from the web...I think I would have given up or gone astray.

11 comments:

  1. You inspire ME, Rachel. I'm gonna brave the outsides in my swimsuit this weekend with my kiddos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for enjoying the beach at a BEACH house! I'm so proud of you for breaking out of your shell and being all you can be! OK...that sounded corny but seriously...you've made such great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Im your newest follower!

    You hooked me with this post. This is one of the many reasons I decided to get a Lap Band. I am not banded yet, I have my consult tomorrow though. I dont know anyone with a band so I decided to so some googling via blogspot and "meet" some people.

    I have a 1 yr old daughter and when she is old enought to ask to go to the pool or lake, I do not want to burst into tears. Congrats! This really hit home with me and Im so happy for you!

    http://crystalslapband.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ditto Ronnie and you both inspire me!!! I love Lands End suits and typically wear the swim dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG - this post is sooooo great! I love that you did this and that your boys have an active, participating Mom...keep it up doll! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! The suit is so cute too, I would have chosen that same style/color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an awesome NSV! I have a swimsuit very similar to yours in style and I love it! I'm so happy for you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh that tankini is sooooooo cute!! I absolutely LOVE it!! You're going to have a blast - and do enjoy every, single, blessed second of being with your children!! That is the absolute BEST part of being at the beach!!

    Keep up the GREAT work, Lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you are feeling confident and want to be more active. You'll have a great time. The kids are going to love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY!

    I love lands end suits! They last a long time too!!

    You sound so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is super exciting! So happy for you! I hope you have the greatest vacation yet!

    ReplyDelete