Next up, I received my very first blog award from Christina, one of my favorite blogging sisters. To be honest I was feeling left out so I was happy to see Christina's post!
So, to accept this award I'm supposed to list 5 guilty pleasures and then pass it on to 3 more fabulous and sweet bloggers!
1. Back, Neck, Full Body Massages-I went to a weekend resort once and the primary activity was meditating, soaking in your private hot tub and signing up/receiving a series of massages. I feel that this is what heaven for women must be like.
2. Pedicures-I love the whole process of soaking, getting my toenails trimmed, callouses filed, reading celebrity magazines.
3. Kentucky Fried Chicken-Its delicious, decadent and so bad for you. I only allow myself KFC if I'm really under the weather. And it always makes me feel better.
4. Really Divine Gourmet Cupcakes-There is a wonderful gourmet bakery that makes divine cupcakes with soft/moist delicious cake and light whipped frostings. They don't have juvenile flavors that our kids would like...it has delicious mocha, dark chocolates, almond, tiramisu.. Since becoming serious about weight loss I make a point of driving paths away from the store.
5. Beautiful Shoes and Accessories-I love beautiful shoes and accessories. I guess since gaining weight, these were indulgences that were not contingent upon my weight. Now that the scale is going down, I am starting to look at beautiful clothes again. .
Alison A British Blogger and one of my mentors when I was starting out
Susan A new and determined new bandster who has already lost 25 lbs
Ronnie A new blogger who is making the successful journey downward!
I purchased the NB Heart Rate Monitor. It literally does everything and the kitchen sink. It is good for someone like me who is starting to get active again. A lot of times I truly thought I was burning calories because I was so busy. But true healthy exercise requires pushing yourself to move and sustaining activity which increases your heart rate. This has been a great accountability tool. I purchased mine at COSTCO for about $50.
- HEART RATE
- On-Demand heart rate reading
- No chest strap needed
- Buttonless HR touch bezel
- ECG accurate heart rate monitor
- % of maximum heart rate
- Auto or custom set HR target zone
- Audio alarm if HR reading is out of your target zone
- 100 hour chronograph
- 100 hour countdown timer
- CALORIE FUNCTIONS
- Calories burned
- TIME / DATE
- 12 or 24 hour format
- 2 time zones
- 1 daily alarm
- EL backlight
- 50m water resistant
- 2 year warranty