Monday, January 3, 2011
What are the Proper Rules?????
I've finally made it to the 20 lb mark but I want to be more successful. Our WLS Office has a dietary staff and the basic rules communicated to us were:
1) No drinking 30 minutes before eating solids
2) No drinking 30 minutes after eating solids
3) Drink 8 glasses of water a day
4) Protein first
5) 60 grams of protein a day
6) Try to eat no more than 3/4-1 cup of food per sitting...three meals a day. Don't worry about calories.
7) Minimize pasta, bread
My weight loss has been slow which is probably due to my thyroid issues (thyroid removed 12/29); but I know I could be more proactive on my side and I must take responsibility. I know many of you have been extremely successful and I would like to illicit feedback from the virtual sisterhood by asking:
1) How much water do you drink?
2) How much do you exercise?
3) How much protein do you intake? Is it proportionate to your weight? How do they calculate how much protein you should ingest?
4) How many calories do you ingest a day?
5) What rules have made you successful???