Being obese is exhausting and time consuming:
1) You spend time taking care of the health morbidities caused by obesity
2) You feel bad about the way you look to society/others
3) It's hard to find clothes that fit. And finding clothes that fit and make you feel OK takes a lot of time.
4) You tend to obsess about food/diet all the time.
I'm threw with that!!! With this band, I'm really trying to change my behavior:
1) Eat balanced, nutritious foods on a regular basis...in a pattern and rthym that I can sustain.
2) Being able to ingest 1000-1200 kcals of good food by naturally choosing good foods
3) Chewing carefully out of habit, not gulping food.
4) Drinking water throughout the day habitually versus force feeding/drinking
5) Being active naturally versus forcing myself to move.
When I look at the band as a behavior modification tool it becomes so much easier for me. Some days are better than others but if I can sustain this for the long term I know I'll be OK. By no means is it easy breaking these horrible habits that I've built into my life for years...but the band has helped so much.
Thanks for listening.