I'm going to be 47 years old tomorrow. I'm unsure why but I feel sad, but these might be some of the factors:
1) Not Near Goal At ALL-I went clothes shopping and I realize I'm not thin yet and have a ways to go....I had a dream going into surgery 9/2010 that I'd be thin and normal by my birthday. I didn't reach that benchmark...I still have a long way to go.
2) Ugly Business Trip Flashbacks-During the business trip there were mirrors all over my suite...it was depressing to see every imperfection, in really clear detail 360 degrees! Again reaffirming that I have a long way to go.
3) Ungrateful Kids-I took my two kids to Washington DC to see the sites today...they wanted to stay home and watch video games and cartoons...it was the last place they wanted to be. I love my kids, I love being with them and there were great moments today but there were a lot of moments of..."get me back to my Nintendo and air conditioned house".
4) Lethargic Husband-All my husband did was lay on the couch all day.
5) The Neighbors-I want to sell my house but my next door neighbors had their house burn down a year ago and they have been haggling with insurance for the last 18 months. They aren't the most ethical people and I think they are trying to commit insurance fraud...our house is really nice but it is hard to sell a house that sits next to a burnt mini mansion. I want to move and sell our house while the buyer's market is still great.
6) My Husband Again-I'm pretty sure my husband didn't prepare anything for my birthday...I'm almost 47 but still a baby about this...I grew up in a family of girls where birthdays were a huge deal.
7) Helicopter Moms-My sons are in a special advanced program at their elementary school...a lot of the moms are very involved in the school activities, policies. One of the moms is trying to get my son's 4th grade teacher reprimanded and fired because she feels that the teacher doesn't like her son. A lot of well educated moms, with former high profile careers. A lot of people only have one or two children and had them late in life. Now they are channelling all their energies into their kids. I'm proud of my kids for being in this program and working hard; but some of the moms in this program are nuts. I'll be glad when summer rolls around.
Please excuse the "down" post...I'm TOM and I'm still tired from my Philadelphia business trip.
I know Easter is tomorrow and it is a holiday of spiritual renewal and blessings...I'm hoping that when I wake up tomorrow...I feel it.