When I've had weak moments lately, I've had to remind myself what led me to get the band and why its important for me to make this succeed and as Susan says, "FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION":
1) My 9 year old son started reading diet books to "help" me. Even he realized it was getting bad and he was worried. Of all things, stressing him out was a real wake up call for me.
2) Regularly outgrowing my work clothes and having progressively limited selections. I used to wear designer only! How did I stoop to such a level where I cared so little about myself and how I looked?
3) A co worker running into me at a meeting and having a shocked look on her face and saying, "What happened, I can barely recognize you?!" The last time she had seen me was 40 lbs before. She's a nice person but straight forward and she was geniuinely shocked.
4) A friend taking me aside because of "true concern" for my health
5) Having a panic attack and feeling like I was having a heart attack one night.
The band has helped me turn things around:
1) I'm down almost 30 lbs
2) Yesterday my son told me that he thinks I look much healthier.
3) I'm fitting into smaller clothes each week
4) I went out to dinner with girl friends who I haven't seen in 3 months and one of the first remarks was, "You look so much healthier!"...As I walked out, two friends hugged me and said they were so happy and glad that I looked and felt better. I could tell that their feelings were of heart felt relief for me.
5) Not huffing and puffing and not feeling bloated
Because the band has turned things around, I need to continue honoring it for the rest of this life long journey. I have no regrets...I'm so glad I had WLS.