My Banded Time

Monday, March 21, 2011

Diary of a Slow Loser: If I can do it, you can do it!!!!!!

I went to my surgeon's office today and registered a loss of about 10 lbs at this month's appt.  My office is so sweet, they know I've struggled with my thyroid, slow losses and when they saw the loss this month, I got a lot of sweet cheering, love and support (just like the love blog land provides!!!)

If you are discouraged, just keep with it, don't give up and jump back on the saddle when ever you fall off.  These are things that help me:

-Registering my exercise and food intake on myfitnesspal.com  It keeps me real, it keeps me honest.
-Reading/Blogging regularly...support is critical.  Also people really offer context on practical subjects like:  what the "green spot" really means, what is an overfill...
-Weights!!!  I have forgotten all about the value of weights (I use weight machines and do repetitions)...it creates lean muscle and calories seem to burn off quicker...
-Listening to your band as you eat S.....L....O....W.....L....Y
-Not wearing stretch pants, loose clothes.  I like to wear slightly restrictive clothing...its like a reminder to stay in control with my eating.
-Scheduling exercise...for instance when my boys take swimming lessons, I lift weights.  When they do Tae Kwon Do, I walk around the block.

DON'T EVER GIVE UP...Take your health back!!!

5 comments:

  1. That is fantastic! You are really persevering and making it happen - very inspiring. I was doing well until recently when I starting picking too much. Still putting it all into My Fitness Pal which I love too. Here's to hoping you have another great week and month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your weight loss! Definitely hard earned. Thanks for the suggestions...the one thing I haven't done is the restrictive clothing piece but just because I can't afford new clothes at the moment. I like this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work :o) and thanks for the sugestions!! I will be following some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great suggestions! Great post! Congrats on the loss, sweetie. :)

    ReplyDelete